The Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (SHSMD) is seeking experts in the fields of healthcare marketing, digital strategies, analytics, strategic planning, public relations, physician strategies and business development for speaking and publishing opportunities.
If you have intriguing insights, practical case studies, brilliant ideas or lessons learned that will support healthcare marketers, planners and communicators in professional development, you can submit an online proposal to contribute in one of three ways:
- SHSMD Connections Annual Conference, October 12–15, 2014 in San Diego, CA. More than a 1,000 planning, marketing and PR professionals attend this annual event. Speakers are needed for 3 hour workshops, one hour concurrent sessions and 10 minute rapid-fire talks.
- Serve as faculty for SHSMD U Online Courses and Webcasts. These online programs are offered throughout the year in one of three formats: 2 week self-paced online courses, 5 day self-paced mini-courses, and 60-75 minute webcasts.
- Write an article for Spectrum, SHSMD’s member newsletter. Published every other month, each issue contains feature stories about best practices and case studies in healthcare strategy, marketing, and communications.
The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2014. Follow this link to get started: SHSMD 2014 Call for Proposals.
Congratulations to Susan Alcorn, senior vice president at the Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc. (Nashville, Tenn.), who today was awarded the 2013 Award for Individual Professional Excellence from the Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD). SHSMD’s Award for Individual Professional Excellence is the highest honor the Society can bestow on one of its members. A well deserved honor!
Click here to read more.
Building and leveraging brand equity to drive new business is the topic of a session that I’ll be co-presenting with Sue Reimbold, SVP for marketing and communications of the American College of Chest Physicians, at the upcoming SHSMD conference in Chicago. In this session, we’re going to discuss healthcare organizations that have recently overhauled their brand strategies, and the methods they employed to drive brand alignment across diverse business units, clinical operating systems, new business development initiatives and marketing investments. We will share the steps undertaken by health systems to create a distinct brand value proposition, strengthen brand identity, and drive new business growth from a core positioning strategy. And illustrate the impact of these new strategies on volume, revenue, market share and overall competitive performance.
Here’s a brief outline of the session:
Escalating competition and rapidly restructuring markets require new approaches to brand leadership
Brand relevancy in the era of accountable care, expanding service portfolios, strategic partnerships, digital and social technologies
- Building the business case for repositioning health system brands
- Driving to a relevant, differentiated brand value proposition
- Beyond brand identity: brand activation by design
- Organizing the effort and getting everybody on board
- Aligning services, systems and processes
- Proving it works: measuring brand performance
I look forward to seeing you at SHSMD Connections 2013 in Chicago. Just let me know if you would like a copy of our slide deck.
2013 SHSMD Connections
Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers
September 29 – October 2, 2013
Extreme Makeover: Transforming a Brand to Drive Growth and Innovation (Karen Corrigan, Sue Reimbold)
September 30, 2013
2:15 pm to 3:15 pm