Women’s Heart Expert to Present “State of Women’s Heart Health in US”
Here’s an opportunity for you to hear one of the nation’s leading experts in women’s heart health. Dr. C. Noel Bairey Merz, will present a national overview and update on women and heart disease on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 12 p.m. EDT during a Women’s HeartAdvantage™ webcast.
Dr. Bairey Merz is Professor of Medicine at Cedars-Sinai (Los Angeles), medical director for the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Women’s Health Program and Women’s Heart Center, and holds the Women’s Guild Endowed Chair in Women’s Health. She has been the clinical co-director for Women’s HeartAdvantage since its inception, and acts as a national spokesperson for the program in order to raise awareness about women and heart disease. Her appearances have included Good Morning America, NBC Dateline and 20/20, and she has been interviewed for the New York Times, US News and World Report and Working Woman, among others.
During the hour long webcast, Dr. Bairey Merz will discuss the latest trends regarding women’s heart health and provide a sneak peek into what the next decade may hold for women and heart disease. Session topics include:
- An update on clinical trials regarding diagnosis and treatment of heart disease in women
- Screenings, diagnostics and therapeutic modalities for microvascular disease in women
- The most appropriate general cardiovascular screenings and diagnostic applications for women
- Heart screenings protocols and practices to engage physicians and women in prevention and self care
- Strategies to create and sustain a women’s heart program as part of an overall cardiovascular service line business plan
The webcast is being offered free of charge to Chief Marketing Officer readers. Click here to register.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink